Monday, April 15, 2013

Saturday, April 13 - Home

Back in the USA!  Hooray!
     We had a seven hour layover in LA, and I suppose we could have taken the opportunity to bop over to Hollywood or Disney Land or Rodeo Drive, but decided to take advantage of a little free WiFi and ...
... good ol' McDonald's hamburgers.  We have a policy of not eating at
American fast food joints when traveling overseas, and in 7 1/2 months
Downunder stuck to it.  But as soon as we got our baggage and made
it through customs, I beelined to McD's and bought three hamburgers.
Oh, did it taste good!
We took turns catching a little shut eye on the terminal floor.  Mmm, comfy.
    Our four hour flight from LA to Columbus wasn't on the modern and comfortable 777, but instead the old workhorse 737.  We departed at 11:30 pm pacific time and landed at 6 am eastern time.  It was loud, cramped and wearisome.  Still, we did make it safely back to Ohio soil.  Our friend David Brown picked us up, and our trip was over.
    I hope to write a final posting summing up our trip soon, so you might try checking back occasionally if your interested.  But don't hold your breath.  It's going to take awhile to settle down and get back into the   groove.  Heck, we don't have a phone, internet access, licensed vehicle, or even mail delivery at home.
   But for now, suffice it to say, our Trip Downunder was a marvelous way to celebrate, and begin, our seventh decade on this journey through life.  I've enjoyed sharing a bit with all who've managed to stay on-board.

5 comments:

  1. Nooooo! What am I going to do without the blog? Seriously I will miss reading it.-KDB

    ReplyDelete
  2. So about that fast food policy of yours, what about soft serve huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I remember it, I never ate any soft serve. I don't even like it. Can't speak for Mom, though.

      Delete
  3. I think the update everyone is waiting to see is if you get your beard/ hair cut now that you are home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm all trimmed up. I'll post a photo soon.

    ReplyDelete